Monday 17 October 2011

Frocktober Dress Diary – Day 17

Where I got it: A clothing swap in Torquay at Café Moby – last year.
How much I paid for it: Nothing
Frocky features: Frills (definitely not a common occurrence for me!).
Something else about it: My anonymous friend Rochelle and I ran a clothing swap at a local café last year to raise awareness living sustainably. We advertised it in the local paper thinking no-one would come, and then about 50 people rocked up! People swapped their clothes using a swap-system we designed ourselves. It amuses me that I love second hand clothes just as much as new ones. Sometimes more, because they come with an inbuilt story to wonder about.

Frocktober is awesome, and raises funds and awareness for ovarian cancer research! Help me reach my goal of $1000 at www.everydayhero.com.au/kathryn_kelly.

No comments:

Post a Comment